120 to 90 Days Out
- Select 3 Key Dates:
- Last day on payroll*
- First day of retirement*
- Benefits commencement date (BCD)
- Inform supervisor of key dates…In writing.
- Submit Pay-in-lieu of vacation form (if applicable).
- Request Intent-to-Retire Package from Benefits.
60 Days Out (or when Intent-to-Retire Package arrives)
- Meet with Advisor to discuss and review.
- Lump Sum Election Form.
- Qualified Rollover Form.
- Address Verification Form.
- Direct Debit Form (Optional).
- Return at least 31 days prior to BCD to avoid processing delay.
0 Days Out (or within 1-2 days of BCD)
- Lump Sum check delivered to you by mail.
- Hand deliver or send to Bogart Wealth via prepaid UPS envelope.
- Meet with Advisor to discuss:
- Finalize cash flow strategy.
- Finalize tax planning strategy.
- Review investment implementation.
- Prepare for imminent Savings Plan rollover call.
5 to 10 Days After Retirement.
- Meet with Advisor to complete Savings Plan rollover call.
- Phone call to Custodian (Voya).
- Custodian verifies you are eligible.
- Retirement date communicated by Benefits.
- Any QDRO hold has been released.
- Custodian verifies you have read Special Tax Disclosure.
- We tell the Custodian:
- Number of NUA shares to transfer.
- Disposition of remaining shares.
- Account number and address for the transfer.
- Disposition of remaining after-tax amount (if applicable).
- All fund units and common assets will be converted to cash and “rolled over” in the form of a check. It will be sent directly to us and made payable for your benefit.
- All non-NUA shares will be temporarily transferred to Computershare.
- All NUA shares will be temporarily transferred to Computershare.
- *Know Year-End Leave Rule
10 to 15 Days After Savings Plan Rollover call.
- Rollover check received and deposited by Bogart Wealth.
- Non-NUA shares received by Bogart Wealth (via Computershare).
- Computershare statement for NUA shares received by you.
- Email or fax statement to Bogart Wealth.
- We will initiate the transfer process for you.
- NUA shares will be received within 2-3 days.
30 Days After Retirement
- Meet with Advisor to review entire process.
- Ensure all documents from Voya are correct.
- Ensure all shares and accounts are setup correctly.
- Review portfolio management process and expectations.
- Review cash flow strategy and ensure accounts are linked.
- Discuss any necessary tax items.
- Review Financial Plan numbers.
- Discuss larger items such as Social Security Optimization.