At Bogart Wealth, financial planning is about striving to ensuring success, not only by seeking to achieve investment returns, but by creating a holistic, financial plan that is custom-tailored to each client’s particular situation and life goals.
There are many benefits to developing a multi-faceted financial plan. There are many tax benefits that may come with long-term planning. We will use a wide variety of financial instruments, such as insurance, retirement plans, tax-deferred investments, etc.
As a Registered Investment Adviser, Bogart Wealth is held to the highest standards of conduct and has a fiduciary duty to not only act in the best interests of its clients, but also to provide full and fair disclosure of all material facts to them and a duty to avoid misleading them. Accordingly, we do not recommend investment products that we could deem inappropriate for your investment objectives and risk tolerance, we do not charge any fees that are not fully disclosed and transparent, and we disclose all conflicts of interest that could arise as part of the advisory process.
Instead, our financial advisors act as a team, on your behalf to continually monitor your plan’s performance, watch for changes in the financial world that might impact your plan, and simply be there for you should you require an adjustment, have a question or want a review. We’re your team, and we’re there for you.
Our process has a number of steps. Here’s what to expect:
- Understand your goals, financial situation and whether we’re a good fit. We will sit down with you and have a detailed discussion in order to establish that we understand what it is you wish to achieve – and that our approach is acceptable to you.
- Financial review. We will ask you to provide documentation for any financial holdings, investments, cash flows, estate planning, asset valuations, insurance plans, etc. in order to evaluate your current financial situation.
- Discuss your preferences relevant to a comprehensive financial plan, such as
- When you plan to retire
- Your cash flow requirements
- Your plans for beneficiaries
- Investment return expectations
- Your risk comfort level
- Your life plans
- Evaluate your current situation. How well does your current financial plan meet your goals?
- Deliver recommendations. Once we have your financial documentation and understand your goals and particulars, we produce a comprehensive plan and discuss it with you. Each plan is different, but will likely include:
- Investment recommendations
- Asset allocation planning
- Financial instruments
- Tax-planning strategies (we will recommend you work with a tax professional)
- Estate planning
- Cash flow strategy and tools
- Finalize your strategic financial plan. After discussing our recommendations, we develop a thorough plan. We go through it with you, step by step, and explain the strategic thinking behind it. We also strive to ensure you understand your plan’s risks and rewards before approving it for implementation.
- Once the plan is finalized, we will begin to:
- Buy/sell securities
- Set up meetings with other relevant professionals, such as tax advisors and estate planners.
- Buy/sell insurance
- Help you set up banking accounts as necessary
- Establish performance monitoring
- Monitor and report. Your Bogart Wealth financial advisors will monitor the performance of your plan, and will provide you with regular, comprehensive reports. We will also be available to answer questions, or to make adjustments as necessary. We understand that sometimes, our clients situations change, as do markets, financial trends, tax codes and the world in general. For this reason, we don’t view the development of your financial plan as the end goal – it is just the beginning.
We encourage clients to stay informed, while keeping a close eye on a wide variety of factors that could affect retirement plans and wealth management strategies. Financial education – along with regular meetings with your financial consultant – enables you to take advantage of new opportunities while avoiding any looming pitfalls.
Contact Us for a Free Financial Planning Consultation
Please Note: The scope of any financial planning and consulting services to be provided depends upon the specific requests and needs of the client. Bogart does not serve as an attorney, accountant, or insurance agent. Bogart does not prepare legal documents or tax returns, nor does it sell insurance products. If the client desires, one of Bogart’s representatives, in their separate individual capacities, can be engaged to be provide insurance sales/services as described on Bogart’s written disclosure Brochure (a copy of which is available upon request), per the terms and conditions of a separate engagement and compensation.