Advisory & Business Development Manager
The Woodlands, TX
As the Advisory and Business Development Manager, the primary focus of the role is to drive revenue, increase profit before taxes, and manage risk within the firm. Job functions also include maintaining a superior and consistent level of client service, developing cohesive teams, providing consistent leadership, and assuming accountability for results.
In addition, a large emphasis will be placed on the recruitment and retention of Financial Advisors. Manager must be responsible for fiscal management, personnel management and morale, business ethics and practices, and compliance with all Federal, State, and Local laws and regulations.
Hire and Train Financial Advisors
• Attract, select, orient, train, develop, and retain a team of financial advisors and associate financial advisors who are expected to exhibit outstanding sales and service skills.
• Lead your team with integrity and create an environment where your direct reports feel included, valued, and supported to do the work that energizes them while achieving relationship management and production expectations.
• Provide ongoing coaching, supervision, and feedback to financial advisor team. Work with various members of the firm management and human resources on recognizing and developing employees. Ensure team is knowledgeable of changing economic, legal, financial planning, investment trends and other general issues that affect the Bogart Wealth client base.
• Build effective teams by communicating relevant information and conducting regular meetings.
Monitor Financial/Sales Goals
• Monitor team of financial advisors in achieving their goals and provide coaching to team members that are not meeting expectations.
• Participate and lead in the ongoing implementation and development of the financial advisor team. Ensure all team members are held accountable to meeting agreed upon expectations.
• Create detailed financial reports. Review and create action items both with firm management as well as the individual financial advisor as needed.
• Perform reviews of client accounts.
• Instrumental in researching trends and implementing processes that improve the overall efficiencies of the advisors and the firm.
• Facilitate seminars and luncheons/dinners, and other networking activities.
• Serve as an integral member of the organization’s financial advisory team; staying on the forefront of key financial, investment and risk management concepts and providing mentorship and education to prospects and clients, as needed.
• Consistently achieve objectives of Bogart Wealth, including maintaining a positive morale, ethical business acumen, and respect for others.
• Gain an understanding of the investment strategy of the organization.
• Direct and monitor workflows required to provide an exceptional client experience.
• Stay current on products, services and regulations that could impact our clients.
• Acts as mentor and uses firm resources in order to drive results of Financial Advisors.
Provide a Superior Client Experience
• Manage the relationship and client experience from the beginning of engagement throughout the initial planning process.
• Work with the planning team to develop financial strategies designed to meet the specific needs and concerns of our entrepreneurial clients.
• Maintain a pulse on every client, staying a step of ahead of their needs and exceeding their expectations.
• Own the organization’s value proposition and its matriculation through the client experience.
Other Essential Duties
• Responsible for partnering with the firm’s CCO for compliance oversight and ensuring adherence to firm and regulatory policies and procedures.
• Documenting and solving client disputes.
• Participate in networking events as needed.
• Continually evaluate the firm’s strategic plan, including growth potential, and promoting efficiency and profitability.
• Other responsibilities as needed.
Knowledge of and Ability to
• Continuously learn and stay up to date on investments, financial planning, and other industry regulations.
• Manage people while working in a detail oriented, fast paced environment.
• Learn company structure, mission, policies, and strategic plan.
• Bachelor’s degree, preferably with a concentration in Business, Economics or Financial Planning.
• 8+ years of experience with advanced planning or wealth management
• 5+ years in a similar managerial role.
• Business development experience required.
• Strong entrepreneurial spirit with a high level of persistence.
• Foundational knowledge of key financial, investment and risk management concepts.
• Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Strong attention to detail, and exceptional follow through.
• Outstanding communication and relationship building skills.
• Excellent project management skills with ability to prioritize and track multiple tasks.
• The ability to think clearly, communicate succinctly, and write well.
- Competitive compensation depending on experience
- Health benefits
- A bonus program
- A 401 (k) retirement plan
- A fun and friendly team of colleagues