At Bogart Wealth, financial planning is about ensuring success, not only by achieving investment returns, but by creating a holistic, well-founded financial plan that is custom-tailored to each client’s particular situation and life goals. Although every client’s goals are different, one thing remains the same; it takes sound, well-researched and well-executed strategic financial planning to deliver the results our clients have come to expect.
There are many benefits to developing a comprehensive financial plan. There is the peace-of-mind that comes from knowing what is happening with your finances, and that they are working at optimal efficiency for you. There are many tax benefits that may come with smart, long-term planning. A wide variety of financial instruments, such as insurance, retirement plans, tax-deferred investments, etc. will yield maximum benefit to you, or your loved ones, only with proper knowledge and planning.
Because Bogart Wealth is a Registered Investment Advisor (RIA) firm, we also offer the advantage of being impartial – and trustworthy. We are required by the SEC to act solely in our clients’ best interest. Your plan will contain no inappropriate products, no hidden fees and no conflicts-of-interest.
Instead, our financial advisors act as a team, on your behalf, not only to craft the best possible plan for achieving your personal and financial goals, but to continually monitor it’s performance, watch for changes in the financial world that might impact your plan, and simply be there for you should you require an adjustment, have a question or want a review. All this happens with an extraordinary level of customer service. We’re your team, and we’re there for you.
Our process has a number of steps. Here’s what to expect:
- Understand your goals, financial situation and whether we’re a good fit. We will sit down with you and have a detailed discussion in order to establish that we understand what it is you wish to achieve – and that our approach is acceptable to you.
- Financial review. We will ask you to provide documentation for any financial holdings, investments, cash flows, estate planning, asset valuations, insurance plans, etc. in order to evaluate your current financial situation.
- Discuss your preferences relevant to a comprehensive financial plan, such as
- When you plan to retire
- Your cash flow requirements
- Your plans for beneficiaries
- Investment return expectations
- Your risk comfort level
- Your life plans
- Evaluate your current situation. How well does your current financial plan meet your goals?
- Deliver recommendations. Once we have your financial documentation and understand your goals and particulars, we produce a comprehensive plan and discuss it with you. Each plan is different, but will likely include:
- Investment recommendations
- Asset allocation planning
- Appropriate financial instruments
- Tax-planning strategies (we will recommend you work with a tax professional)
- Estate planning
- Cash flow strategy and tools
- Finalize your strategic financial plan. After discussing our recommendations, we develop a thorough plan. We go through it with you, step by step, and explain the strategic thinking behind it. We also ensure you understand your plan’s risks and rewards before approving it for implementation.
- Once the plan is finalized, we will begin to:
- Buy/sell securities
- Set up meetings with other relevant professionals, such as tax advisors and estate planners.
- Buy/sell insurance
- Set up banking accounts as necessary
- Establish performance monitoring
- Monitor and report. Your Bogart Wealth financial advisors will constantly monitor the performance of your plan, and will provide you with regular, comprehensive reports. We will also be available to answer questions, or to make adjustments as necessary. We understand that sometimes, our clients situations change, as do markets, financial trends, tax codes and the world in general. For this reason, we don’t view the development of your financial plan as the end goal – it is just the beginning.
We encourage clients to stay informed, while keeping a close eye on a wide variety of factors that could affect retirement plans and wealth management strategies. Financial education – along with regular meetings with your financial consultant – enables you to take advantage of new opportunities while avoiding any looming pitfalls.
Contact Us for a Free Financial Planning Consultation